Post Your CV
Create Job Alert
For Job Seekers:
Post Your CV
Handicap International, is French INGO specialized in the field of disability and development. A strong emphasis is placed on empowering people with disabilities through their inclusion in development activities and the provision of appropriate health and rehabilitation services to ensure equal opportunities for all.
Handicap International is recruiting the individual for the following position for CAMID (Centre for Accessibility, Monitoring and Information on Disability) in Batticaloa. The main objective of the CAMID is to contribute to the full participation of people with disabilities in a barrier free society providing equal opportunities to all.
The CAMID work on the following areas:
- Livelihood (inclusion of disabled people in Vocational training centers and livelihood projects);
- Accessibility (awareness and training to construction actors to make all building accessible to people whatever their need) and,
- Strengthening the disability movement and more specifically Disabled People Organization).
Also CAMID will autonomously function as independant local organiztion in near future
Under the direct supervision of the Junior Project Manager, the Livelihood Officer will have the responsibility for the implementation of CAMID livelihood activities as direct support to persons with disability (PWD) and their families by facilitating the inclusion of PWD in the livelihood activities in the community.
The main objectives of the Livelihood Officer are to:
- Collect Information related to livelihood in the district including; actors, services available, resources available,
- Mainstream disability amoung livelihood actors and existig livelihood committee(s),
- Advice mainstream organisaton in the inclusioof people with disability in their project or services,
- Support people with disability to develop their Income generating activities and insure proper monitoring
- Support Disabled People Organisations and Community based organisations to develop livelihood projects (self employement)
- Organize and conducte trainings and awareness on livelihood and disability
- Contribute in the designed of all tools and best practices documents
This position is based in Batticaloa,
Knowledge and skills
S/He should posses qualifications with diploma or degree in business skills or social sciences or similar expertise from a recognized university or college.
Minimum 02 years of working experience in livelihood or business activities within an I/NGO
Basic computer skills (Word, Excel)
S/He is diplomatic, independent and has strong communication and interpersonal skills.
S/He is sensitive to the needs of vulnerable groups.
S/He is fluent in Tamil and English (written and spoken). Working knowledge in Singhala will be an advantage.
Initial contract will be for a period of 6 months, with possible extension
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer particularly welcomes
applications of Person with disabilities
Interested candidates should forward their complete resume with contact details and 2 non related referee to the below address to reach us before the 25 December 2009, by Email, fax or by post.
Junior Project Manager - CAMID
262, Bar Road, Batticaloa
No phone calls will be encouraged and only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted
05 February 2010
Email this Job to a Friend
View all jobs at this company
E-mail this job to a friend... Or yourself!
Your Name :
To (recipient's e-mail) :
Facebook Fan Page
Create Job Alert
Terms & Conditions
Copyright © 2012 Heladiva Jobs. All Rights Reserved.